A Year to Celebrate

My very first cookbook

2011 was quite a year for me. The first full year of business for Kimberley's Kitchen and a big move up north to embrace country living were two big highlights.


Kimberley's Kitchen completely surpassed all expectations (and plans) and grew faster than I could have imagined. Inspired by all the amazing talent that I have met locally and online, I founded the Tri-Cities Bakers Market in the summer. It was such a rewarding experience to work with so many local bakers and see the community enjoy home-baked treats.


After moving up north, I launched my new logo, designed by Laura of Eye Candy Event Details. I have received such positive feedback about the look and was delighted to be able to use it with my holiday orders.

Photo by Magna Vita Photography

In an effort to devote my time to my family for our first holiday in our new home, I did little to promote Kimberley's Kitchen for Christmas. It soon became apparent that I was going to have to limit orders for the holidays because I was swamped with custom and online orders. I was able to balance family and business by strategically scheduling myself and saying "no" to quite a few requests (sorry!).

Photo by Magna Vita Photography

Now that I have had a chance to settle in and establish some local business, I will be building in 2012 in so many new ways. I am very excited for all that is ahead for Kimberley's Kitchen and am truly grateful to all of you for your support.

I constantly remind myself why I set out to do this: create a unique and quality product that delights hearts and tummies, contribute to my family and role-model entrepreneurship to my daughters, and engage in a creative industry that connects me to a community of like-minded women.

So far, so good.

~Kimberley

Popular Posts