A whole lot can change in a year~

Photo by Magna Vita Photography
This photo was taken one year ago and it's hard to believe that my sweet little one is now almost 2 years old! As I approach my birthday, and both my daughter's birthdays, it is a nice time to reflect on a year filled with change.

A year ago my husband was working two jobs, running his own business, while I was a work at home mom with a small business and two girls under 3. As if that wasn't enough, I launched a community baker's market. Life was busy.

Approaching the end of my maternity leave, and ready for a change, I applied for jobs outside of Vancouver. We ALMOST moved to Cranbrook, BC or Alberta. And then I received a phone call from Smithers. I promptly asked my husband to Google Smithers, BC.

We moved to Smithers, a small town in the Bulkley Valley in September, started new jobs, moved my business, and enrolled the girls in a local non-profit childcare centre. Life continues to be busy, but it is filled with what we love. The outdoors, nature, great local food, friends, and family time.

I am very grateful for the life that we have created for ourselves. I wouldn't change a thing. Well, perhaps a few more hours in the day would be nice. But for now, I'm content and very excited for what the future will bring for Kimberley's Kitchen.

Life can change so quickly. In the smallest moments of our lives we make choices. Life altering choices. Isn't it amazing what we can achieve when we choose happiness?

~Kimberley

Comments

  1. Love it. You just made me smile, for you and for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!
    Many wishes for your new life
    http://tipandtrip.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts