My Top 9 Holiday {Hostess} Gifts~


Photo by Magna Vita Photography

I love discovering wonderful new finds that make great hostess gifts. And of course I like to make a lot of hostess gifts too. Here are some of my favorite handmade and bought gifts for hosts and hostesses this holiday season. Some are local finds and others just great gifts, but all will surely delight the hostess of your next holiday get-together.

Wine is often appreciated and I like to include a little note card with "Just for You" written on it so that the hostess doesn't feel the need to share it at the party. Here are two of my current favorites and they are affordable~


Malbec - Escorihuela 1884 Reserva 







What goes perfectly with red wine you ask? Well, my Auntie John's Cheesy Shortbread do indeed! Yes, shameless plug. But they won't disappoint. I make a lot of these at Christmas for little gifts. They will please any host or hostess. (one dozen for $10 in my SHOP)


For the foodie host or hostess, consider Ina Garten's new book Foolproof Recipes you can really trust. Whether a beginner or seasoned cook, Ina's books are always filled with beautiful ideas, well-crafted recipes, and gorgeous photos.




If you are an overnight guest, I highly recommend bringing some gourmet breakfast foods from the new Foodies Pages. This artisan food box is filled with Canadian yummies for a holiday morning breakfast. Visit their site to shop, send gifts, or be inspired by the chef-curated collections. Kimberley's Kitchen is now a vendor too!


Breakfast is complete with a perfect cup of coffee. This coffee is very local for me, roasted in Smithers. The ultimate in small-batch roasters (they roast to order) Chicken Creek imports organic, Fair Trade beans and uses time-honored methods for perfectly roasted coffee. It is my new favorite and is now featured in two of my marshmallows. 



If your hostess is a friend or family member that you know well, a more personal gift is gracious. I love these Karma hoop earrings from Jen Ellis Designs. Based in Vancouver, Jen handcrafts unique and sophisticated jewelry from silver. Shop online or find her items in one of the many trendy boutiques in Vancouver. 

I love these prints from Amanda Catherine Designs. After finding her shop on Etsy (one of my latest obsessions) I bought one for Thanksgiving and I love it. I am thinking of buying this one for my sister, who I think will actually hang it in her closet full of shoes.


If your hostess has a sweet tooth then there is nothing more delightful than receiving a gift of handmade macarons. I have tried just about every macaron in Vancouver and these are hands-down the best. Queen Bee Patisserie is a talented baker and she ships her macarons across Canada so you can even send these treats to a far-away friend. What a perfect treat to end an evening with friends and family.

Happy Holidays and I hope that you enjoy giving.



Comments

Popular Posts