Your PATH is Waiting {a series on entrepreneurship}


Do you feel the pull toward something great? Are you craving change and feel yourself bursting with dreams of something new? Do you have ideas swirling in your mind that you are ready to catch and release?

If so, then I know exactly how you feel. 

It was the pull to something new, the anxious energy bubbling inside of me that prompted me to venture on my own. And when I did I discovered something about myself that I never knew. I discovered this at the age of 37.

I am an entrepreneur.

Perhaps you already know that you are. Maybe you have already taken the bold step and pursued your dream and vision. And you are ready to grow. Ready for more.

Over the past 6 years I have received so many wonderful messages and emails from people just like you asking me for business advice. Sometimes very practical information about running a food business in Canada, or maybe even direction on a human resource query. Most of the time, these conversations start as a small question and grow into a bigger conversation about entrepreneurship. And in particular, doing this as a woman.

You PATH is Waiting

The truth is, you are already on your path. You just might not know it. But trust me when I say, where you are right now is exactly where you are meant to be RIGHT NOW. But that doesn't mean you are meant to stay right there. How you travel along your path is up to you. How you handle the trauma and sadness, the joy and beauty of life, it is all up to you.


Your path is right in front of you. But you might be wondering what is the next step? How should you proceed along your path? What kind of adventure do you want to embark on?

As an entrepreneur I know how hard it is to take those first steps down your path. Here is what I have learned about taking the NEXT STEP.

Just go. Just go in the direction of one thing. 

I feared that if I chose ONE THING I would not be able to do all of the other things. But this isn't true. When we have the courage to choose one thing, it actually makes ALL OF THE THINGS possible on your path.

The old image of a series of doors and we have to choose ONE and then we can't go through the others- this isn't true. This isn't what really happens. When we go through one door, there are more doors for you.

So now I challenge you to TAKE ONE STEP. It doesn't matter that much which one you take. Maybe it is buying the domain for your dream website, or brainstorming over ideas for your vision, or setting up a meeting with a new customer that you think maybe you are not quite ready for but you will do it anyways. Whatever step you take will move you forward down your path. And that is the point. You are already on your path. Make the most of it.

~Kimberley

Comments

Popular Posts